Friday, July 11, 2008

Offically....



BINKI FREE in the Mills home! It has been since Sunday but I keep forgetting to post about it. Brightyn is no longer taking a binki and we can't be happier! We went for a walk to the Delaware Dam. There is a pathway from the parking lot where you can walk across it and down another long trail. As we were walking along the top of it there are grateslike this one that you can look down and see the water running through if they have it open or you just see the mechanicals of the dam. Well Brightyn looked down the grate said WOAH and out falls the Binki on to the mechanicals of the dam. The look on his face when we told him it was gone was so sad! He started to cry and didn't stop until we got back in the truck and turned on Mickey and even then it just slowed to a wimper. It was the same look and cry that people have a funerals so it was his first experience with death as Ryan put it because that binki was Brightyn's whole world. Like I said he has been SUPER good with not asking for it or crying. It honestly was easier then I thought it would be and so glad that he understands that he dropped it in big water and mommy & daddy can't get it.

5 comments:

Brooke Brooks said...

Awww poor Brightyn! But yay for no Binki! When I first read it I swear it said bikini. lol.

~*Jen*~ said...

That's so sad, but I think it is the coolest binki weaning story I've ever heard!!!

BTW...I totally thought it initially said bikini too! LOL :D

Linley and Austin said...

LOL...Oh man, poor kid! I can just see the whole tragic occurence in my mind. Well, now was a good time as any I guess to be done with the binki, not bikini (I thought it said bikini too!). Anyway, hope he continues to do well without it!

Jobi Niu said...

Good job Brightyn.. you can do it! He's so cute! I can imagine how sad he was.. poor guy. YOu find out this week what you're having.. I'm like so excited! I'm SO baby hungry.. weird huh?? I'm thinkin January gettin prego.. I'm crazy huh?

Wendy said...

That's what it took for Austin too. (I know ancient history...) He threw his out the truck window and that was the end of that. It helps when they're old enough to understand it's really gone! I hope he does good without it.

Give Bright a hug from Grandma!

Love you
Mom