Thursday, February 14, 2008

R.I.P. Kyle Hopkins Beloved Friend!!!



So on Tuesday night I got the call that my best friend from high school Kyle Hopkins was shot. We were born on the same day, in the same hospital, hours apart. When my mom called me I honestly thought it was a really sick joke. Ever since I moved to Utah and he moved to Alaska for the Coast Gurard we kinda lost contact of each other but we always leave messages on Myspace every once in awhile. Now that he was back in Marysville (where we grew up) we were all (my whole old group of friends) going to get together soon for lunch now we can't!! I just can't believe that he is gone. He was such an awesome guy, so brave, loyal, couragous. Of all people that have been taken I can't believe it was him. He was loved by all who met him and will be truely missed. Last night my whole group of friends got together to make a memory board for his funeral. It was nice to see everyone but not on those terms. I just have to keep in my mind that the Lord has a purpose for everyone even though its hard to see the purpose in taking a young man that I thought would be around forever. This made me wake up and realize you have to cherish the friends around you and not let a day go by without thinking of them and stay in contact with people because you'll never know when you want to see them.... you can't.
Please pray for Kyle's family and all that knew him this is going be a lost we feel forever!!

2 comments:

Kalli said...

Oh Tiff I am so sorry and so sorry for his family I am sure his dad feels awful. We will keep you in our thoughts love you.

Jobi Niu said...

Hey I ran accross your blog lookin at Kalli's. I knew Ryan in Highschool. But I just wanna tell you, you have the cutest little family ever!! Your boys are adorable! One looks like Ryan and one looks like you. So funny! YOu guys had your 2 boys really close like we did. It's hard sometimes huh? And I'm SOOO sorry to hear about your friend! Oh my gosh! That is SO sad!