Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ms. McKinlee Jean Mills




Brightyn LOVES his little sister.




I woke up at 2 am with some slightly painful contractions about 10 minutes apart. The night before I had a feeling I should get in the shower and do my hair (THANKGOODNESS!!!) so I just got up and started cleaning to keep the contractions going. We live about 35 minutes from the hospital so I was going to wait for 30 minutes until they were a steady 5 minutes apart to leave. I called my mom she came over and we packed up our bags to go the hospital. On the way to the hospital at 3:30 am we got pulled over for expired tags!! YEAH I was in labor and he was talking to us about our expired tags. He even asked if we needed a ambulance....grrrr. But it was our fault they are WAY expired. But we got to the hospital and it was snowing so that made the roads fun. I got checked in and they checked me I was at a 3 and 70%. They had me walk a hour and a half then come back to find out I was still 3 and 70%. They had me stay on the monitor to look at the contractions for about 45 more minutes then walk another 30 minutes. I came back and was still at a 3 and about 75% but then my dr walked in and checked me a few minutes later and I was at a 4 and 85% so she decided to induce me. She was afraid because of the risk of c-sections with inductions. So I got to my delivery room and waited through the contractions they were really fine but after awhile I got to a 5 and I decided to get my epidural (PAINFUL THIS TIME!!). After I got my epidural my doctor came in about 40 minutes later and checked me and my water broke on her. McKinlee was still floating around and not engaged so she was going to wait to break it but couldn’t change anything. I was having a lot of pressure like I had to push but I didn’t figure I would be anywhere close to beign ready to push. My nurse came in and checked me I was at a 9 and a rim left of my cervix. At that time my doctor came in and checked me and noticed McKinlee’s heart rate kept dropping. So she turned me on my side and checked me. I guess she was sunny side up and stuck him fingers in to turn her. She then was like ohhh no we’re going to have a baby!!! Ran over to get her gown on and was going to let Ryan deliver McKinlee but with the dropping in heart rate was afraid I was going to have to go get a c-section if she didn’t come right out. My doctor turned around and told me to push and there was McKinlee. So after one push she was out at 1:53 pm. She was 6 pounds 9 ounces 18 1/2 inches long. She looks so much like Hayden!!!! She is such an AMAZING baby. She is soooooo good. The only time she cries is when you’re changing her diaper. The boys absoluetely love her especially Brightyn. He calls her his potatoes haha. It was so funny. I am trying to nurse her after I found out probably my problem that I had with nursing with the boys. So I am nursing her and then she takes some bottle after that to top her off until my milk comes in. She is a nursing pro and I am so surprised that it doesn’t hurt!!!

18 comments:

Cheryl said...

She is gorgeous! Good job on the one good push! I thought I was pretty good for only pushing 10 min with Vika. I hope nursing stays good for you! Congrats on the cutest baby!!

Holly said...

She's so beautiful! How does it feel to have a girl? You're going to love it !

Becca said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!

Elise&Mike said...

congrats on your little one shes darling!!!

how do you like having three kids? im always afraid of having more kids.

Jobi Niu said...

SHE IS GORGEOUS!!! Oh my gosh.. I'm SO jealous. Good job girl. How fun! I bet the boys just love her.

Linley and Austin said...

Congrats Tiff! She is so beautiful! Glad everything went well for you :) Give her a big hug and kiss from us!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

WAHOOOO! Welcome to the world McKinlee!!! She is SO cute guys:) I am so happy for you and can't wait to see more pics in the upcoming days. Sounds like your labor went well too, so congrats.

Anonymous said...

Ok - I have to say it.....I have the MOST BEAUTIFUL grandchildren in the WORLD!!!!!!! My apologies to all the other grandmas out there:) It's great though how much you love those little ones even before they're here. I had an experience in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple when Ashley received her endowments and I knew our family was going to be blessed with another little granddaughter. Not long after that, we found out that Tiff was pregnant with Mckinlee. I know she will be an important part of our family. She is a beautiful little daughter of God and I'm so glad she, Brightyn, Hayden and Kylie have been sent to our family. We have alot to be grateful for.
Love you guys,
Grandma Wendy

Penn and Kass said...

Wow! She is beautiful! I can't believe you have 3! Congratulations!

Shelley Family said...

What a beautiful baby girl! She just looks so perfect! I am glad to hear you are all doing well and that she came out so easily :)

kEnZiE b said...

CONGRATS!! She is adorable! I'm glad you're both happy and healthy! Good luck with everything!

Kalli said...

Oh so sweet I love the flower on her headband and she looks so little..congratulations! Keep posting photos I am sure your life will be crazy but every once in awhile keep us updated I am just excited for you to have her here how sweet. Hope you are feeling good too

Tatiana said...

Awe, she's beautiful!! Congrats!

Andrea Migliaccio said...

Awww she's a cutie!
Congrat's!
So glad things went well!
I swear I'm sending a package soon- just don't hold your breath! :) I'm a serious slacker these days!
xOxOxO

Brooke Brooks said...

She is so gorgeous! And I'm glad she is doing so well!

nancy said...

She is so stinking cute. I need a girl to go and get all cute uped with a bow and ...man.. SHE IS GORGEOUS

Cheryl said...

I still can't get over how cute she is!

I tagged you on my blog!

Jonathan and Shantai said...

yeaaaa i found you!!! cute blog!! love you:)